Friday, March 16, 2012

How To Make Jello Shots

This post may seem to go against the grain a little as it doesn't fit into the mommy category that most of my other posts do, but if you know me at all, you'll know that I'm 1) a mom, 2) a party planner extraordinaire...in that order. I certainly didn't lose my ability to have fun when I became a mom, it's just a little more themed now! So, in preparation for my annual St. Patrick's Day party, I'm making some themed jello shots. For those of you who haven't made them since college, here's the recipe:






1) To make the shots a little firmer and easier to get out of the cup, I add 1 packet of unflavored Knox gelatin to the jello powder.
2) Add boiling water to the powder and stir for 2 minutes until completely dissolved. (Follow instructions on the box as to how much water)
3) Stir in cold vodka in place of the cold water (use the same amount). Note: I don't recommend using Belvedere, it's just unfortunately the only I happened to have on hand. Just use the cheap stuff.
4) Pour into individual cups and refridgerate for at least 4 hours. Helpful hint: Put your cups onto a cookie sheet to make it easier to transport them to and from the fridge.

Enjoy! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: