Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Surprising the Boys with a Disney Cruise!




I never blog anymore, I just don't have time, or I forget, or I'm too lazy, or whatever the reason, but I wanted to about this. I recently booked a Disney Cruise for the boys and I wanted to think of a way to surprise them with it...surprise them big! So after some brainstorming, I hatched up a plan.

We often go geocaching in the local areas around us. For those of you who don't know what geocaching is, it's like a big treasure hunt game where you use your GPS to find "caches" that people have hidden in various places. It's so much fun! You have to try it if you haven't already! So, I decided to put together a box of Disney cruise "clues" and hide it in the woods while the boys were away. When they came home, I suggested that we go geocaching and they were all for it. I pulled out my phone and pretended to pull up the app that we use to navigate our way to local caches hidden. I got totally into it. "It says it's hidden near the river bank, under a tree, just beside a large rock." They were so excited.




My older son spotted it first and went running to it, where he then saw that our name was on it. He obviously knew something was up and quickly opened it.

Inside they found Mickey Mouse, an airplane, a cruise ship, an island, and a pirate telescope. They didn't quite understand. So I suggested that perhaps these were clues trying to tell them something. They still couldn't figure it out at first.




Then my older son got it...sort of. Lol! I FINALLY got to tell them the secret that I'd been keeping for what felt like forever! We were going to be taking a Disney cruise to the Bahamas!!! To be honest, their reaction was...anti-climactic. They were more concerned with peeing in the woods than with this ridiculously exciting news that I just shared with them, but they have become more and more excited with time and can't wait to go now. They're really looking forward to the pirate night on board the ship and Castaway Cay, Disney's private island.

All in all, this was a really fun way to surprise the kids with the trip and I'm so glad I did it! So, if you're looking for a creative way to surprise your kids, I definitely recommend geocaching!


5 comments:

angelenaalessandro said...

Weighing in at a little over five pounds, it is not heavy to carry. The two most important features of these modern shelters are the frame and the interior. If you are curious to know more about american tent, here you can get more information about it.

Diego Walker said...

The most popular camping tents in use today are made from high-quality polyester filaments, which offer high levels of waterproofing and protection against ultraviolet light. For more information about camping tents on dvepalatki.ru.

Melvindavis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melvindavis said...

The other major consideration when choosing the right hiking tent is the p value of the fabric, which is the difference between the weight of the tent alone and its weight multiplied by the square of the weight.

sebastianpowell552 said...

These models also have a built-in window and Velcro closures. Ventilation is a key feature for any grow tent. You can control the amount of air flow by using a timer or controller. You are curious to know more about grow tents, discover here.